Sixth Form Work Experience
I am pleased to announce that in the summer term all Year 12 students will have the opportunity to undertake work experience.
The objectives for this week are:
- To help students to see the relevance of school subjects to the world of work
- To allow students to understand how commerce and industry operate
- To help students gain greater self-confidence and maturity
- To enable students to find placements that are related to the career that they are considering
- To allow them to prepare for their UCAS personal statements and/or CVs
Relevant work experience is increasingly viewed as an essential part of any application for higher education and the world of work. Students who plan to go into vocational careers have already been advised to secure some form of regular work experience because of the importance given to this in university applications. The School feels that work experience carries a particular value for all students.
Year 12 work experience will take place in Term 6 of Year 12.
Further information will be added to the folders opposite.
Mrs S L Shales
Head of Sixth Form